Justification (following Mike Reeves' excellent NWA seminar track, and reading Piper's response to Wright; when I've finished reading Wright's response to Piper's response, I'll post on it...)
The digital age and how we as a church need to engage with the way people access information now
Social action following a whole host of conversations about it's place in the church this week at New Word Alive, and reflecting on:
1. The different ways the Bible writers use the concept of 'the poor' (esp. in Luke, in the context of what it means in Isaiah)
2. The focus in the content of the gospel on eternity rather than this world, 'a heaven to be gained and hell to be feared' (as Don Carson put it in his talk on Friday night, and here). How does this control our reflections on social action?
Given a week off this week, I might even post on one or more of them...
1 comment:
Eagerly watching this space!!
Post a Comment